Three Holiday Looks We’re Stealing Straight from the Runway…
Holiday parties are the perfect time to try a look that is outside of your client’s everyday hair routine and repertoire. Some of the most festive and fun hair inspiration can be found walking the runways. As the official sponsor of the ‘Arts Hearts Fashion’ shows in New York and Los Angeles, we’ve chosen our favorite SS ’17 runway looks that double as the perfect party style this holiday season…
The Sleek High Pony
1. Apply ‘Fresh Start’ Protective Prep and Primer to damp hair. Next, apply a small amount of Stylus ‘Total Control’ Maximum Hold Gel; focusing from root area to mid-lengths of hair.
2. Using a paddle brush and your blowdryer (with concentrator attached) begin drying the hair while brushing in the direction of the ponytail. If additional smoothing is necessary, straighten hair in 1inch sections using a 1inch styling iron and comb
3. Have the client tip their head back and use a cushion brush to smooth the hair while pulling back into a high pony.
4. To secure the pony, use a rubber band with two bobby pins. Attach one pin in the base of the hair and wrap the rubber band and second pin around until you achieve desired tension. Next, place the second bobby pin at the base of the hair to secure ponytail.
5. Pick up a 1-2 inch section of hair from the pony. Apply a small amount of gel and comb with cushion brush into a smooth ribbon of hair.
6. Wrap the hair around the rubber band and secure the end at the base of the ponytail with a bobby pin.
7. Set the look with Stylus ‘Stay Put’ Mega Firm Hold Hairspray and ‘Shine Express’ Instant Shine Mist and try adding a fun accessory around the base of the pony for a twist on this classic look.
The Boho Chic Braid
1. Prep damp hair with Stylus “Fresh Start” Protective Prep and Primer and “Full Blown” Volumizing Mousse and blow dry.
2. Part the hair down the center. Begin dutch braiding from the top of one side remaining close to the hairline as you braid.
3. When you get to the bottom of the section, continue braiding into the other side, circling back around to the top of the head and continuing to follow along the hairline.
4. Once you run out of hair to add in, continue with a three-strand braid and secure with an elastic at the end.
5. Before securing the end with a bobby pin, deconstruct the braid a little by gently pulling the braid to loosen it and give a fuller, lived-in look.
6. Tuck the end of the hair under the braid and pin into place. Finish with Stylus “Stay Finished” Firm Hold Hair Spray and “Shine Express” Instant Shine Mist for lasting hold and that extra holiday shimmer.
The Retro Glam Waves
Step 1: Prep hair with Stylus “Sheer Remedy” Liquid Satin Treatment, “Be Protected” Thermal Protecting Foam and “High Altitude” Root Lift Spray to protect, prime and provide style support. Section a radial parting from ear to ear then divide the front section in two on desired deep-set part.
Step 2. Begin by lightly misting a 1 inch horizontal section at the nape with Stylus Stay Beautiful Light Hold Hair Spray.
Step 3: Beginning at the base and while holding your iron horizontally with clamp side on top, twist and feed section of hair into the iron. Once curl is heated, slide iron out, pinch curl together and clip to set.
Step 4: Continue working up the back of the head and the front sections, repeating the same curl pattern as previous section. Divide sections where needed for control.
Step 5: Let the hair cool for 15 minutes and begin releasing clips in the same order you put them in, one row at a time. Using a wide tooth comb gently comb and push curl pattern into place.
Step 6: Finally, smooth hair with a boar bristle styling brush and finish with Stylus “Stay Finished” Firm Hold Dry Hair Spray and “Shine Express” Instant Shine Mist for lasting hold and brilliant shine.